If you have ever been injured at work, the workers' compensation process can seem overwhelming. However, even if you don't know what to do, your employer does. Make sure to involve your supervisor and Human Resources department early and often so they can guide you through the process.
5 things you should do if you are injured at work:
- Report your accident to your supervisor or Human Resources department immediately.
- Look at your policy and procedure handbook to be sure you are notifying your employer correctly.
- Don't seek medical attention on your own.
- Always call in and discuss your medical condition if you are unable to report to work due to your injury.
- Make sure your employer has a copy of your medical restrictions.
If you have been injured and need legal advice, an experienced worker's compensation attorney can help you navigate a claim for benefits.
Call The Spigarelli Law Firm for a free consultation.