Pittsburg 620-231-1290


Tip Of The Week

Posted by Kala Spigarelli | Apr 30, 2019 | 0 Comments

In Kansas, if you are injured in an auto accident and the other driver is at fault, which insurance would pay your medical bills first?

a. The other driver's auto insurance?
b. Your own auto insurance?
c. Your health insurance?

Answer: b) Your own auto insurance.

When you are injured in an auto accident, Kansas law requires that every insurance policy contains Personal Injury Protection (PIP) medical benefits at a minimum of $4,500. Your own auto insurance company is also required to provide wage replacement for part of your wages for up to one year if you were working at the time of the accident and have been restricted by a doctor. These benefits are included as part of the premium you pay and are available regardless of who was at fault for the accident. If you've been injured in an auto accident, contact the lawyers at The Spigarelli Law Firm to learn more.

About the Author

Kala Spigarelli

Managing Partner Areas of Practice Workers Compensation Personal Injury General Civil Litigation Litigation Percentage 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation Bar Admissions Missouri, 1990 Kansas, 1991 U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 1991 Education Washburn Unive...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Our Kansas Accident Attorneys For A Free Consultation

If you have questions regarding personal injury, workers' compensation and motor vehicle accidents, contact The Spigarelli Law Firm by calling 620-231-1290 or by completing the contact form on this website. We offer free initial consultations and accept cases on a contingency fee basis. For the convenience of our clients, we offer evening and weekend appointments when necessary.