The Spigarelli Law Firm
Call now for a free consultation
Local: 620-884-1530
Toll Free: 877-409-7931

Injured at work? Get the care you need when you need it.

Are you one of the many Kansas residents who has suffered an injury while on the job? If you were at work when you were injured, you may be entitled to access workers' compensation benefits, which can cover the cost of treatment, provide income while you recover and even cover disability expenses (if applicable).

Sadly, there are numerous individuals who have been injured on the job who let compensation pass them by simply because they fail to report the injury in the allotted time frame. Do not let that happen to you. Get the care you need, when you need it, by reporting the injury and applying for benefits as soon as you are able.

Get treated first

If you suffer a workplace injury, the first thing you should do is get treated, even if you think the injury is only minor.

Your employer may require that you go to a specific medical provider per the terms of its workers' comp policy, so make sure to check first. Under the right circumstances, you may be able to pick your own medical provider.

When to file a claim

After receiving your initial treatment, it is wise to notify your employer of the injury as soon as possible. Statutes of limitations apply to workers' compensation cases. The time limit to file a claim after an accident varies by state. If you file after the time limit expires, your employer's workers' compensation insurance provider has the right to deny coverage.

Information needed to file a claim

Before coverage is granted, the insurance provider is going to want to know the details about the accident and resulting injury. You will need to give the following details:

  • Injury type and severity
  • Date, time and place where the accident occurred
  • All parties involved
  • How the incident happened
  • Medical care already received

What can I do if my claim is only partially covered or rejected?

This can happen. If it does, you have the right to appeal.

How can an attorney help me?

Getting full coverage if you have been injured at work can be a bit of a challenge. Insurance companies will do their best to pay the bare minimum. If this has happened to you, a skilled workers' compensation attorney may be able to help by reviewing your case and negotiating with the insurance provider. A lawyer can also help you appeal a denied claim, if necessary.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact Our Kansas Accident Attorneys

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Spigarelli Law Firm
515 North Broadway
Pittsburg, KS 66762

Map & Directions

The Spigarelli Law Firm
415 W. 11th St., Suite 1
Coffeyville, KS 67337

Map & Directions